Monday, June 1, 2009

Early post today for all the followers. Geoff's ICP is still running too high. Doctors want to keep him in the coma for a few more days to try to help. This mornings CT scan showed more swelling on his right side than he had before, explaining the high ICP's. Doctors upped his Manitol dose (diuretic medicine) and placed it on a constant drip rather than every 8 hours. New bed arrived, I'm thinking about getting one myself. It's programmed to lift and tilt, uses air, and is much more comfy. Also has a "thumper" mode, kinda like a massage chair, just more powerful. In the words of Mr. Scott, "He just needs more time, captain". If anything changes, I'll post later.

1 comment:

  1. Bryan & Nancy, so glad to have this and can keep updated. I was wondering if I could make a cake or cookies also for the floor personnel. When my mom was in ICU for 2 1/2 months I would bake and bake...like you said they love it. So let me know and I will be more than happy to bake for them.

    Geoff continues to be in all of our prayers. If we can do anything, you know to CALL and we will be there. Keep the faith and your strength.
    God Bless, Diane & Phil Cheney

    ReplyDelete