Sunday, June 14, 2009

Geoff made it almost through the night off the vent but had to be put back on for a bit. Back off today, and Nurse Angela said if he can stay off of it through tomorrow, he may get moved to a room and out of ICU!!! Physical Therapy came by again and had Geoff on the edge of his bed, which wore him out for his visits. He again was answering questions with yes and no nods of his head, and waved to his nurse at one point when she walked by his room. I'm looking forward to the move so I can stay in his room and visit more. These 30 minute visits every three hours are rough. He's doing great folks, small steps at a time.

4 comments:

  1. I just got home from visiting him. Too bad he was sleeping, I haven't seen him awake yet. I'm so happy he's doing better. I really hope they do move him tomorrow like they predict.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tears in my eyes everytime I read Geoff's progress. Here's hoping you are able to move into a different room tomrrow Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! He sure is making great progress. We are very happy for all of you, espically Geoffrey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very happy for him and your family, Nance.

    ReplyDelete