Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hello all. Sorry for no mid afternoon report, we were hoping for more good stuff. As every day, milestones were made. This morning, the doctors removed the ICP vent and monitor that was in Geoffs skull. They also removed the staples from the head surgery site. This morning, they also dropped his ventilator to 10 breaths per minute to allow him to breath on his own with little assistance. Geoffs breaths were rapid and shallow, and the nurse said that was to be expected as he has been paralized for a week. Also, Geoff was moving his legs this morning, first time since the accident. Found out the game plan is to ween Geoff off of the vent (soon) and when he can go 24 hours on an O2 mask, he can be moved out of the ICU unit. Lungs looked great today, 2nd day in a row. They are stumped as to where all the infection went. If they had seen Geoff cough and blow all that junk down his vent tube, they would have their answer. Best part of today, Grandma and Grandpa got to finally see Geoffs eyes open tonight.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Hollie. I'm a friend of Nancy's on PW. I just wanted to say I'm glad to hear things are progressing with Geoffrey. I'm saying prayers for you all, and your all in my thoughts daily. Thank you for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys,

    I'm glad Geoffrey is continuing to make progress. You're in my thoughts everyday.

    *hugs*

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I'M SPEECHLESS..........FOR ONCE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent news Brian.... Suzette

    ReplyDelete