Monday, June 15, 2009

Good evening all. Well, Geoff had quite the day again today. Shortly after I posted the last update where Geoff didn't want to converse much, things changed. First, he got his bath early, and he chose what he wanted shaved. Left the Goatee and Mustache, got rid of the sides. Oh yeah neck brace is now gone as well. Nurse Enid called us in to watch physical therapy. Watch.......not me......Geoff didn't want to hold his head up for the therapist. Dad voice came out, head came up. Spent about 10 minutes holding his head up, sitting on the edge of the bed with his feet flat on the floor. Evening visit was good too, as he got another cool bed. This one folds into a recliner. Geoff seemed much more awake and wanting to look around. He was reminded that today is his and Michelle's aniversary. He looked at her, puckered his chapped lips, and got his first kiss in 3 weeks.

4 comments:

  1. This is wonderful news! I am keeping up with Geoff from Ione, CA while on vacation and jumping for joy! Wonderful clean-cut haircut and shave--grandma Carolyn would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Happy Anniversary Geoff and Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me want to cry.
    Actually I am crying.
    I was just informed of what happed about two days ago and reading this blog, I am so happy to hear how fast he's recovering.
    I hope to visit him soon.

    Keep it up, Ge-off! I know you can do it.

    love,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete