Friday, June 12, 2009

I'm sure you have all seen the "happy dance" snoopy does in the Peanuts comic strip. Well, if you had been in the ICU unit this afternoon, you would have seen a 300# white guy doing the happy dance!!! Geoffs surgery went well, he now has a trach tube to breath through and a feeding tube to his stomach through the abdomen. I really didn't expect him to wake up, since he had only been out of surgery for 40 minutes. Geoff opened his eyes with about 10 minutes of visiting left. You coul tell the kid was clear, he looked right into my eyes. Okay, so dad has this figured out, he still can't talk so we will use eye blinks right?? Wrong, after squeezing my hand on request, he began moving both legs up. I leaned over and asked if his stomach hurt. Eye blinks, not Geoff, he NODDED YES. Dad was dancing, crying, Geoff probably thinks i've lost it, with the nurses all cheering. You go boy!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. ok Bryan.....NOW WE ARE YELLING....YIPEEEEEEEE!!!! YOU GO GEOFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brought tears to my eyes! Go Geoff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool brother. I'm so very excited for you and Geoff. Your brothers and sisters at the PD are still here for you if you guys need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! I hope this weekend brings more positive steps forward. Still thinking about you guys!

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally broke down into random dance mode when I read this. Tell Geoff I MISS HIM!!!!!
    And you guys are all in my Prayers.

    Love, Carly. :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo Hoo!!! Happy Dances all around! Suzettew

    ReplyDelete